Wednesday 30 October 2019

Due To Mother’s Dementia, Uriel Oputa Considers Having A Child

Tags

2017 Big Brother Naija ex - housemate , Uriel Oputa has taken to
her Instagram page to open up to her fans about her mother ’s
failing health and how it is making her consider the option of
having a child in an unconventional way .
According to the reality TV star , December will make it four years
since she has been celibate as she hasn ’t dated in the last four
years. She went on to add that celibacy is her way of saving
herself from getting hurt again .
However , Uriel is contemplating having a child due to her mother
who is suffering from dementia and could soon forget everything ,
including her children . As opposed to her earlier intentions of
waiting till she meets a man and marries to have a child, she is
now contemplating other options . This is because her mother ’s
health may have further deteriorated before she meets a man to
settle with.
Expressing her concerns , Uriel said :
“ My mum… If I leave it any longer and I don’t meet anybody
anytime soon , she won’t remember my child . Even if I were to
introduce my child to my mum, and she ’ s at her later stages
of her illness , no connection , she will just … nothing . She ’ s
already on her way out . And that made me angry . It made me
angry .
I’ ve never questioned religion in any way and I never will
question religion… never question God , but I question my
morals and for me that was deep.
I question my morals in the sense of , I said to myself , ‘what if
I wanted to have a child in order for my child and for me to
give my mum the chance to have a connection with my child
before she goes?’ Because , my mum is going to forget the
memories that we cherished together…”
In tears, Uriel narrated a cherished memory she fears her mother
will forget.
“ And she ’ ll forget all of that . She ’ ll forget my name . So while
she’ s still there just a little bit , would it be such a bad idea
for me to have a child? And that thought crossed my head
and I was like, ‘no no no . It ’s not culturally… It ’ s not right
culture - wise. People might look down at me . People might
say, ‘ you ’re wrong’ , ‘ I hate you ’ or ‘ you ’re setting a bad
example’. So in what situation does a situation become
morally right .”
She continues :
“ Put your self in this shoe , and I ’m not saying that I ’m going
to do it, but if you was in my position , would you say having
a child whatever way – artificial insemination or whatever –
is wrong ? Is it morally right or wrong? You guys decide and
let me know. It ’s a very interesting topic and I wanted to
share that with you .”


EmoticonEmoticon