Sunday 24 November 2019

I stood from Lagos to Kogi, due to lack of finance-Nigerian Artist

Tags



Can we meet you?


My name is Jacob Nenpin Joel,popularly known as (MPJ) meaning Master Planner Joel some time people call me 1010 master loke-loke.
I was born on July 17 1990 into the family of Mr and Mrs Jacob Gowon.
I am the first born of the family.I am a native of Kogi-State.

I was known professionally as "mpj" am a Rapper /singer and I'm a song writer.

Tell us about your music career?

I started my musical career few years ago with a group known as 3zeez in Kogi state. I'm an upcoming Artist.

In 2008 the group did there first recording single which was titled "ibedu."

In that same year I was planing to write my West Africa Examination was looking at the condition of my family  on how they sufferred to generate fund for my exam, I was looking on how to contribute  with  God to my family.

I called the attention of my group after I had done my registration with the little money remaining we left for Lagos to see if we can get a marketer  that can buy our single.

We spent three days on the street of Lagos looking for marketer that will buy the song from us and we had no money nothing to eat no where to sleep for good three days.
We cleaned ourselves with just a pure water and ate a slice of bread as breakfast  and also for evening sleep at bus station and wake up very early so that people will not see us.

After searching we met Mr AHBU ventures he listened to our song and he told us that the song is just a single and the single was not properly mixed by the producer which  was our first single.

He said to us that I love the rapper in the song and he rated the song fourty over one-hundred.
He encouraged us never to give up our vision in life that sky is our limit
Just that word gave me a stand mind set towards life.

Coming back to Kogi state was hell we had no money on us we have to go and beg people, sold our phones the money we made in the bus state could only pay for two seats to kogi  and we were three I asked them to sit while I stood to kogi state.

Before we got home information had gotten to my parents  that we left school to Lagos.

My parents were mad at me but after sometime I explained myself to them that I can not look at how they are suffering themselves for me to get a life when I know those who graduated from the university without good job. She forgave me and she run round to find money for me to back to school and which I did coming back from school after my exams no more 3zeez.

Are your parents in support of your music career?

My mummy and daddy was not in support of me becoming  an Artist.
All my parents wanted was for me become a graduate because they do not have the opportunity  of going to school.



Who is your Producer?

My Producer is David Yusuf.

Mr David yusuf was just talking about music and I joined them that was how we met. On that day he was just looking at my phone, he asked me to give him my phone  which I did. He made call and he was looking at David Yusuf I never knew he was a producer the things I have there so he saw some records and he decided to play it and he listened to the raw voice and he said "nice one" he smiled and he invited me to his studios and I recorded a single with S. D, of the song that was titled, "I love the way." In 2009 Mr David left the town.




So, how has it been since he left?
In, 2010 I was with G. f working as a back artist going on local shows my parents was not happy with me.In 2011, I got admission in to ISMS(International School of Machant Sea Man) lokoja not knowing that the school  was fake but was not in the school but on my music after my parents found out I was back home.
I got another admission in 2012 into Zenith Universty college Accra Ghana 🇬🇭 I was running a course to study (H RM) I am not good  when it comes to adding up figure and I was doing accounting 1 account 11 and was doing my music all along. I was just trying my best not to misbehave this time but I just stop it I account 1 carryover account 11 carryover  I judged myself and got my self out of school I used my fee to shoot  a musical video "control me" which I recorded with G. f before leaving to Ghana I even used my supposed house rent to shoot that video all just wanted my voice to be heard. I could not afford to pay my house rent at labadi I was sleeping outside in a country that was not my country just for a better life but my mother never understood my vision .
I was sleeping out the street of Ghana 🇬🇭 I had no home, no friend to talk to
Some times I do not have any thing to eat.
At that time I met a friend called Ebuka but I call him "boss man G " he is a Nigerian 🇳🇬  that went in search 🔎 of greener pasture we became friends and he ask me not worry 😟 after he had listened to my song  that period boss man G was scammed of the passport that was giving to him as it was faked because he was planing to leave Ghana to turkey  so he had to return back to Nigeria.
I returned back to Nigeria in 2014 things were not easy at all for me.
I was a labour at chest farm in  2014 I was working in 2015 I when I was giving admission at Covenant Polytechnic  and I was doing other jobs to see my self and my music career forward
I won the 2 best Rapper position at Covenant Polytechnic
I was at 2 place on waiting u get competition at luxury city Aba
Now I am a final year student..
I am bring out hot jam to take over the world 🌏  I love you mama...




1 comments so far


EmoticonEmoticon