Friday 27 March 2020

Amidst coronavirus crisis heavy truck falls on shops in Lagos

Tags

A heavy loaded truck with 600bags of flour mill yesterday crashed on shops and tricycle leaving nobody injured.



Speaking at the scene in Ogba, Lagos an eyewitness said "I am grateful to God no life was lost, because three children just left the exact spot the scenario happened.


I own a pharmaceutical store which is the second shop the truck collapsed in front of the extension.
The owner of the tricycle at the scene explained that the tricycle as a result of the incident got damaged beyond repair.

Speaking further he said, Although I was not there when it happened but because the tricycle got damaged beyond repair I implore the owner of the goods to get me a new tricycle as my daily income depends on it.

The last shop owner, identified herself as Temitope, who was grateful to God for complying to Lagos State Government order on social distancing said the coronavirus, isolation order  saved her a life.

"I was hurriedly called upon and I am grateful to God quarantine made me stay at home, if not I would have probably lost one of my sales girl who likes to sit at the spot that was really affected by the truck.

The Divisional Transportation Officer, Anchor, of pencinema, police station was still there trying to resolve issues as at 10pm.

Said "our job is to take the truck to our station and we urge the victims to cost the losses as a result of the incident to fight for justice for them but failure for the owner of the flour mills to comply financially we will charge him to court.

Residents, clamoured a quick restoration of their transformer as the truck fell on the transformer which left them in blackout.

Our correspondent at the scene of the accident today said that nothing has been done to the light, the shops affected and the parked tricycle, popularly known keke-naped, from a confirmed affected source.


EmoticonEmoticon